Fox Thermal Instruments has expanded its product line with the addition of the FT4A Thermal Mass Flow Meter. The FT4A is a high-end flow meter, and it features a robust design. Among its advanced features are:
- 2nd generation non- cantilevered DDC-Sensor™ - Advanced Direct Digitally Controlled sensor technology
- Expanded Gas-SelectX® Menus – 3 onboard gas selection menus
- CAL-V™ – In Situ Calibration Validation Routine
- RS485 Modbus RTU or HART – Optional Communication Protocols
- Standard USB Port – Gain Direct Meter-to-PC Connections
- FT4A View™ – Software for configuring, graphing, and Logs
|Fox Model FT4A Flow Meter
||2nd Generation DDC-Sensor™
The FT4A was designed to be used in Oil & Gas, Industrial, and Wastewater applications. It is ideal for applications monitoring pure gases, mixed gases, and even complex flare gas compositions. Gas-SelectX® provides an expanded selection of gases from 3 menus:
- Pure Gas Menu: 11 common gases available
- Mixed Gas Menu: 10 common gases available to mix in 1% increments
- O&G Gas Menu: C1 - C9+, Nitrogen, and CO2 gases available to mix in 1% increments
The FT4A is equipped with the 2nd generation of DDC-Sensor™ that eliminates the sensor element vibration which can lead to metal fatigue and failure. It’s unique design provides a technology platform for calculating accurate gas correlations for the Gas-SelectX® feature.
The FT4A’s CAL-V™ feature allows users to confirm that the meter is functioning properly and accurately -- with just a simple push of a button.
Other FT4A features:
- One standard 4-20mA output for flow or temperature
- A second output selectable for either:
- Pulse output (pulses per unit/units per pulse)
- RS485 Modbus RTU
FT4A View™ software allows easy adjustments to the meter configuration, evaluation of alarm conditions, collection of process data, and measurement viewing from your PC or control station. Moreover, this software can be used to initiate CAL-V™ -- and it automatically logs the results of each CAL-V™ test. If any regulatory submission is required, the software will generate a certificate for easy recordkeeping.
A USB connection port comes standard on the new Model FT4A which allows quick and easy access with a laptop.